View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Toll Road - Newport

Coming into Newport, one of the ways is down 138S across the Pell Toll Bridge. Well, my son has tokens and with tokens you pay only $1 to cross the bridge, versus $2. A roll of tokens cost $10 and you get to ride free when you buy a roll of tokens.

Hey! No Brainer. Save money since we are going back and forth several times and then just give any left over to the son.

So, I stopped at the booth and asked for a roll of tokens. I was told that I could not purchase a roll of tokens because my vehicle was over 8000 pounds (F350 Dually). Of course, I informed the person that it was not over 8000 pounds and they asked for registration papers. Well, in Texas, you don't have to carry registration papers unless you are a commercial vehicle.

But wait! My mind was working one day and I put the registration receipt in the glove box. DW couldn't find it so I paid the $2 and crossed.

We found the papers when I stopped and on the return trip I again asked for and received the same answer regarding tokens. I handed her the registration receipt and stated that I was only 7400 pounds. She didn't even look at it and gave me a roll of tokens.

Now! If I were a RI resident driving a dually, I would really look at curbside weight on purchase documents if I were crossing toll roads frequently. I wonder just how much money they make on duallys in RI.

Now! What if I had a car and a 1 ton and I drove the car up and asked for a roll of tokens and then used it in the 1 ton????

Screwy, huh?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote