View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
Goodyear Marathon (Chinese) Yea or Ney?

I know these have been talked about before but I would like a review from anyone who have used them. I was at a dealer today and all his heavier units had them. He swore they were better than Missions but the data on the side of the tire was exactly the same as the Missions as far as number of plys in the tread, sidewall, etc. I noticed alot of the tires on these units had "bumpy" sidewalls (and these had next to zero miles on them). I'm thinking all these tires are about the same but if you want to stick with "ST" tires you have very little choice. This dealer said that he couldn't recommend "LT" tires as they are not designed the same as "ST" tires and therefore are not recommended for the heavier units. He pointed out that "LT" tires have directional tread and thinner sidewalls whereas "ST" tires have unidirectional tread and more plies in the sidewall. He did say that he thought American "LT" tires where better than foriegn "ST" tires in overall quality, he still didn't recommend them for heavy trailers like the Montana. I'm looking to replace the Missions soon but am not sure higher quality "LT"'s are better than Chinese "ST"s. Yea or Ney????
rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote