View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Coordinators Needed!

UPDATE!

[s]Roger (and son Andy)have stepped up to coordinate the campfires since Dave have to cancel BUT..... they will only be able to do this on Friday and Saturday nights. Need someone to volunteer to start the campfire on Thursday and Sunday (due to restrictions on transporting firewood across state lines we will be purchasing all firewood locally so all you have to do is set it up and start it)[/s]Thank you Bullroc3!

[s]I left off the important category of Photographer. In past rallies, several folks who like to take pictures have identified themselves and one volunteer collected all of the pictures toward the end of the rally and burned CDs for those who wanted one. I need a volunteer for that "collector of pictures"?[/s]Glenn has volunteered to do this but would like input from all present with digital cameras... Smile!

As I go through this list and update it, I keep seeing the same names over and over again. I would like everyone to be able to enjoy this rally and not have a few folks knocking themselves out so that others can enjoy a vacation. Please help with one event so that all may have a chance to enjoy this rally - end of speach

Okay, we are getting our act together and looking for some help "Coordinating" some of the Events. In an ideal world two co-coordinators for each item would be GREAT! but we will take three if you promise to work well together......
I have already added the names of folks who volunteered last year. If something has changed and you can no longer do it let me know.

Coordinators can recruit help in a seperate thread to assist in their event, for example coordinating pot luck dinner or folks to bring various prepared ingredients for the omlet breakfast.

At the bottom of this thread is a brief description of what each position entails.....

Fire Master (Every Evening) - Roger (John Michaels will be helper for Thursday and Sunday evenings)

Meet-N-Greet/Registration Table (Thursday Evening) - Rich and Helen (Richfaa), Bob and Myra, Larry and April, Dennis and Judy,

Side Dish Coordinator (Friday BBQ) - Tom and Sandy (Buschet1)

Pot Luck Dinner (Saturday Evening)- Tom and Sandy (buschet1)

Show and Tell (Saturday Morning) - Bill and Lisa (unless we get a volunteer)

Omlet Breakfast (Sunday Morning) - Rich (richfaa)

Morning Coffee (Every Morning) - Bill (for now - looking for a volunteer)

MOC Gear Sales (throughout the weekend) - John Kohl

Rec Hall Clean up/break down (Monday Morning) - Dennis and Judy, Tom and Sandy (buschet1)

Photo Coordinator - Glenn! Thank You

Job Descriptions

Fire Master (Every Evening) - Responsible for setting up the nightly campfire and ensuring someone takes responsibility for dousing the fire at the end of the night. Due to restrictions on transporting firewood across state lines we will obtain firewood locally. No experience required but a gas powered blender is a plus.

Meet-N-Greet (Thursday Evening) - Help set up the Rec Hall for the evening

Registration Table (Thursday Evening) - Help man the registration table at the Meet-N-Greet, hand out welcome packets, name tags, etc.

Pot Luck Dinner (Friday Evening)- Help organize the Friday night pot luck dinner. In a thread on the forum either solicit people to provide certain items or just post what is being brought so we don't end up with 17 varieties of Chili.....It could be a looonng weekend.

Show and Tell (Saturday Morning) - Solicit participation in the Show and Tell by compiling a list of participating rigs (site numbers) and what modifications will be on display

Omlet Breakfast (Sunday Morning) - Handle the world famous omlet in a bag breakfast event. Solicit assistance in the cooking department, sides preparation, bag fillers, etc.

Morning Coffee (Every Morning) - Set up and start the coffee pots in the Rec Hall every morning. Tell the folks we talk into contributing donuts and pastries where to put them when they arrive. Turn off and break down Coffee pots at the end of the morning coffee.

Rec Hall Clean up/break down (Monday Morning)- Help with any break down/clean up of the rec hall.

Smile

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote