View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Fireplace problem

Well, I've searched like crazy, and can't find any other posts regarding this issue. The other night my fireplace quit working. Lights don't work, heater doesn't work...dead, dead, it's dead. I checked the breaker, checked the fuse, checked the GFI...yada yada yada. Since I had to be out on the road anyway to move into this new park, I went to Gooding RV since they're a Montana dealer. The guy pulled the fireplace out, and it has power going to it, it's just dead. He scratched the hell out of the holes trying to get the bungs out....I deal with him later.

Of course, my luck being as it is...my Montana is just over 13 months old. Which means Keystone won't cover it. According to the pamphlet I have, the fireplace has a 2 year limited warranty. So, now I'm waiting for the dealership to call me back and let me know if the fireplace people are going to cover it or not. I have a 7 year extended service contract, but I hate having to fork out $100 for the deductible. C'mon, shouldn't the fireplace last longer than 13 months? Anyone else had any problems with these Dimplex fireplace people, and if so...what was the outcome? Any advice, thoughts, or past experiences sure would be appreciated. Thanks y'all...

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote