View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Improvements on our South Padre Lot

Our new lot here on the Island was pretty rough, nothing had been done to it at all, except the original concrete slab and drives.
We wanted a nice grilling area and a small patio there, as that is well used in our experience. A wind block is also a good idea here on the Island.
Off to Lowe’s we went with some notes and material guesses. I loaded the truck with around 120 12x12” pavers for the patio, parking and walk areas. I decided that was a good time to order the Timbrens overloads.
Sue and I dug out the grass and weeds, the root system is like intertwined steel cords, I had to use the broad end of the pick I brought for this deed, nothing but hard work.
We laid, leveled the individual pavers and graded the area for good drainage. Sue sifted the fine sand so we could fill the cracks around each paver, then we brushed it in. Turned out pretty well for a couple of amateurs.
The fence was next, we wanted to sit in our lawn chairs and not have the views blocked, but still have a wind block, so I bought a 6’ fence, then cut it in half. I had to move a cross brace, and add an additional one. After I cut it, I made a template and cut the top corners off with a pull saw, then sanded the edges.
We set the posts in concrete, waited a day and set the fence.
I counter sunk lag screw holes and secured the fencing with 4 lag screws each post. It will not be easily removed……
Sue will fill in the bottom fence areas with the Red plants in the last photo.
It was a $2500.00 to $3,000.00 job we completed for around $250.00 We are both sore, but happy with the result.
I still have many pavers to set around the Montana and truck.

Patio slideshow
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=bce4b8ce.pbr
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote