Thread: Am I stupid ?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:50 AM   #1
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Am I stupid ?

Am I stupid, naive, paranoid all three or what? I try to be an upstanding responsible driver especially when towing the Montana. Before every trip I consult the Woodall's web site under "rules of the road". This topic gives some much needed information about the states I will be driving in such as speed limits overnighting in rest areas etc. I just noticed that 46 out of 50 states require safety chains on ALL trailers, they make no mention of 5th wheels. The only states that that do not require safety chains on 5th wheels are Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. So thinking that this may just be an over site I called The New York state dot last Friday (which is the state I will be driving through on I90), just to find out and sure enough the person I talked to said that there is no exemption stated for safety chain use on 5th wheel trailers the rules state all trailers. So my question is what do I do now? Do I keep calling the dot until I get the answer I want or can you and do I install safety chains?
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote