View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Electrical Extension & Mattress upgrade

We are living full-time in our 3400 waiting on our retirement home to be completed. I had planned on two modifications to the house to make loading and unloading the rig simpler. One: a 50 amp connection installed in the front yard. How long of an "extension cord" could I use without encountering any problems (voltage drops, tripping breakers, etc.)? Would running an electrical line to the street be overkill? Two: a sewer cleanout at the street for dumping the tanks prior to storing the rig. My front yard is not that deep, and there will be a cleanout at the front of the house. Would my money be better spent on one of the macerating pumps? Which one?
After all I have learned from this forum, I finally have a contribution to make. We replaced our mattress with a king size (standard king) Select Comfort mattress and LOVE IT. I did add a layer of 3/8 plywood to increase the bed platform size. It does make the bedroom a little tight, and making the bed takes a little more time, but is it ever worth it for a good night's sleep! Thanks for all the advice and help from everyone.
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote