Thread: We Are Okay
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We Are Okay

I've had several emails and PM's asking if we are okay due to the big fire that was very close to us. We are okay, just have a lot of ash all over our property and Monty. There is a big river bed between us and the hills and we have always felt safe because of that. I haven't been on the MOC for several days because I took a small trip up to Northern Calif. My daughter is president of a state professional trade organization for public purchasing officers. The president hosts the annual conference each January and I am on her conference committee as the budget person. I belong to this organization also because when I was working, purchasing was under my wing. I took the train up and loved it and then flew back and hated it. It was good for me to get out of here because I (along with many others) was having trouble breathing (I have asthma) because of the smoke. They were burning spots on the hills north of us for fire breaks and we had to go around about way to Riverside on Thursday to get me out of here.
Thank all of you for your concern. Just shows what a great family this is.
Happy trails...................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote