View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
Montana_6186

M.O.C. #6186
Maiden Voyage Perfect

Well our trip to Lake Placid and Vermont was great and the trailer was the best part.

The extra space, the way it looked and the king bed were great. The truck did a perfect job towing and hardly sagged in the back end at all.

I do have a couple of questions that you may be able to help us out with though please.

1. The king bed, bed spread. It was like fighting a marlin all night long trying to keep it on top of the bed. We think it may be due to the rounded corners at the bottom but it was a constant fight, any suggestions?

2. The king pin sits way under the nose of the trailer compared to our Outback and I almost found out the hard way that our bikes would not fit behind the cab as they always had. In fact, even truning in parking lots made me nervous that I was going to hit the back of the cab. Has anyone put a longer pin on and can that even be done? I was thinking it may upset the performance of the trailer.

3. The toilet was holding water fine the first week but it won't now. I tried the little flat stick to clean the gasket and that helped but it still all leaks out. Should I take it appart and look at it?

4. Fantastic Fan - really is great but we could not get it to close on its own in a down pour and there was no manual in the package. How does the sensor work on those?

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jason.

Jason & Mary-Jane
2 Brittany Spaniels, Ranger & Molly
Proud Owners of a New 3295RK
'04 F250 Lariat Super Crew 6L Turbo Diesle
Montana_6186 is offline   Reply With Quote