View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Skylight Cleaning

We purchased our unit used a couple of years ago and have just about cleaned, replaced, or upgraded everything to our own personal tastes and/or like-new condition. I decided to take the inner bubble of the shower skylight out last night and give the outer bubble and this one and everything in between a good cleaning. Well, to my surprise there is nothing "in between". I found that the inner bubble was painted on the inside (shower side)to hide bare rafters and wiring as well as wood shavings. I took the plastic bubble in the house and placed it in the shower and looked around for some good spray cleaner. I found a bottle of X-14 Soap Scum Remover. When I sprayed that on, the white paint just started to run off!! Now I have a clear skylight (but is VERY clean). I guess now I'll find out how good that new Krylon paint for plastic is !! I'll paint the side that faces out, though, so the inside will be smoothe and not subjected to the shower soap and water. I'll trim up some rubber roof excess material that shows and I'll put Eternabond over the rafters(new project) before returning the skylight. If I think about, I'll even throw in a few moth balls just because I can !! It should be better than new when I'm done !!

1999 F250 SD/SC V-10 Lariat
2000 Montana Mountaineer TT 305FKS
'92 GMC Conversion Van - 350TBI
Weatherford, TX
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote