View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
I'm Embarassed and Ashamed!

How do I tell my Montana that I've fallen in love with a Class A ALFA See Ya Motorhome?

I went to an RV show today and did not see one 5er that I would ever consider purchasing to replace my Montana, including the other Montana models at the show. I am happy with my 3655FL Montana and have no plans to replace her.

But I got to thinking about the long term. Do I want to be restricted to a large one ton truck when spending long periods of time in remote places? Towing an economical toad is beginning to look like a much better option as gas prices start to climb. And if I'd get a heavier 5er for retirement, I'd have to move to a Medium Duty Truck with even less desirable results when not towing.

Have any of my fellow Forum members been in this position? I mean, specifically questioning your current mode of travel and thought of moving over to a Class A and towing a "regular vehicle" for local use? I know that we have some fulltimers on this Forum .. What do you think?

I definitely plan on enjoying my Montana for a while as it will (hopefully) be about three years before I hang up my spurs and hit the dusty trail. But I find myself questioning using a 5th wheel as the best solution for full timing.

Comments anyone?

Thanks,
Craig

'01 Chevy K3500 Dually 8.1 Allison 4x4 4:10 CC
Towing a '02 Montana 3655FL 5th Wheel
Manassas, Virginia USA
http://users.erols.com/jcmccarter/index.html
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote