View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"Last trip this year"

I haven’t posted much for a while so here’s to fall camping!

This will be our last camping trip for this year. I hate to see it end; seems like summer just started a few days ago. The book of James tells us that life is just a vapor that appears for a time then it’s gone. As I get older I realize just how true that is.

Our camping trip will really be a big one. We will be traveling all the way down the hill in our back yard to camp with some other campers beside our barn. There should be about 3-4 campers this weekend in all.

Our nephew has a smoker he pulls in on a trailer and loves to cook up a storm. The barn has been fixed up and we use it like a very large shelter house. I can almost smell the ribs & chicken now! I can hardly wait. We will be showing a really scary movie Saturday night for Halloween. The plans are to watch “The Ghost & Mr. Chicken” on a 10’ screen we put up.

We have really enjoyed camping in our own yard with the feeling of being totally isolated from everything.

After this camp out comes the dreaded winterizing.

Oh well maybe next year well be off on another “adventure with Bill” as my Dear Wife calls it!