View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Something new...

We went camping this weekend and had a good time. Although I don't use the tank level/battery power check lights often (normally not worth checking), the campground was without power for about 6 hours so I decided to check the battery lights on that panel. I had used it a couple of weeks ago and it was working, but when I tried it this time, none of the lights were working. I took the whole panel off the wall (slide out control, light switches, awing control, water heater etc..). When I got it off the wall I noticed that what I am assuming was a mouse had chewed through the red (power) wire for the tank level indicators and had also damaged several other wires in there. I am going to unhook all power (battery too) this coming weekend and repair what I can. Not sure why a mouse would be that far up in a wall chewing on wires. Frustrating to say the least and not sure how I can do much to get the critters out of the wall other than cutting a hole on the inside of the closet which is the opposite side of that panel. Darn-it! Any ideas? I have the panel out away from the wall now and one of those sonic noise makers tucked in there in an attempt to keep them from dong any more damage.
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote