View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:35 AM   #1
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
3160 frig (Norcold PolarMax 18) runs ALOT

We're out on the maiden voyage with our new 3160RL (has the new PolarMax 18 frig) and are loving it.

One of the things we have noticed is the new 18cu ft frig runs ALOT. We're in FL and at about 75*, the fans cycle on and off at about an 8 second rate, on 8 secs, off 8 secs. Also when on gas, the burner seems to run almost constantly. The temp setting is on 4, it keeps the frig at about 35* and the freezer at about 7*.

We've had 4 other trailers, all with absorption frigs, but none had the fans in them, so I really don't know how often the heaters came on. I know this frig is over three times larger than anything we've ever had before, so I would expect it to run more than others that we've had, but the above seems excessive.

Does anyone have one of the new 18cu ft Norcold PolarMax frigs in their rig and/or have any experience/thoughts on the cycle times for the fans/burner/heater?

FYI, this is the second frig we've had in the rig, the original was DOA and had to be replaced before we took the rig home from the dealer.

Thanks
Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote