View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Another wake up call...

We pulled into a quick stop for some diesel fuel yesterday. I didn’t even notice the clearance that was posted on the corner of the canopy. After I got out and started to get the fuel I noticed just how close it looked like we were to the canopy.

I recently measured the top of our camper after putting on a new A/C and came up with the figures of 12’10”. I decided anything 13’ or lower was simply too big of a risk to go under and then I would have to remain level. When I went and looked for the clearance height on the canopy it was showing 12’9”. The math was wrong somewhere because I didn’t hit anything. I was told by the attendant that it was lower on the other side than where we were at. I had two spotters when I pulled out and plenty of clearance.
Notice the diesel price.. 3.429

Whew, that was a close one! After we left I had to go underneath a bridge that had a posting of 13’9”, “no sweat!”