View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
LeavingAK

M.O.C. #10589
Is this towing combo even possible?

We are looking to sell off everything and full time for a couple of years. Our truck/trailer combo is a Dodge 1 ton mega cab with the cummins diesel and the 346lbq mountaineer.

When we leave the state we want to take my SUV as well and park it at my in laws house in NC (a 5k mile trip from our house) while we do our traveling.

We wondered about just towing the car behind the 5th wheel on a dolly, but didn't know if towing a "double" was even legal through all the states (Canada as well since we are coming from Alaska) versus both vehicles having to be driven.

Do you think such a combo is possible, or is that a nightmare just waiting to happen?

Then yet another question, for those of you that tow vehicles, how much damage to they get as far as paint chips, etc? The SUV is my baby and I'd hate to have any significant damage done to it in the towing process. I've discovered that if the car requires any repairs, it'll cost me 10 times what it does for any other car on the market LOL I just had the windshield replaced at the tune of $1,800 bucks! So I'd like to minimize as much damage as possible.
LeavingAK is offline   Reply With Quote