View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
03 F250 6.0 L Diesel Turbo to Intercooler Hose

I was working on a "defrost" only issue when I discovered soot shadow on my Turbo and blue hose that connects it to the down pipe feeding into the intercooler.

Well, pulled it and found its fatigued on the side you can't see, left a little oil spot on the manifold below...so googled this topic and sure enough I'm about to experience a "Blow-out" and loss of boost.

Options were limited to go to stealershiip or wait for online order. I took the guarantee'd path and paid extra $50.00 so I can leave this Thursday for Watkins Glen where we plan to watch the races.

Sad, figured I'm driving a Diesel that should go 250k+ miles and at 95k a stupid 4" hose is about to fail...clearly looks stressed from the constant shake of the engine and this thing provides the relief to the ridgid down pipe/intercooler.

Oh, BTW...my defrost issue is a failed PVH solenoid, which I tenporarly plugged and will have to use the manual Hublock selectors. Till I return and can order direct from Ford...doh another $50.00 item...
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote