Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum

Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Additions & Improvements (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Inline water pressure reducers (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79143)

Razrbk 09-17-2019 04:52 PM

Inline water pressure reducers

Id like to increase the water pressure to my various faucets. I recall from early threads people mentioning they removed various inline pressure reducers.

Where are these located? I have a 2015 3100RL. Thanks for your help.

Daryles 09-17-2019 05:47 PM

The one for the shower is in the hose at the faucet.

jcurtis934 09-17-2019 05:56 PM

Should be one in the kitchen faucet cold water line. I junked what came with the unit and put in a moen. There wasn't one in my bathroom sink faucet which I am waiting for it to die so I can put something better there.

rohrmann 09-18-2019 12:21 AM

There are no 'pressure reducers' built in to the plumbing of these rigs. There are flow restrictors which makes less water come out of the various fixtures. You should be using a pressure regulator outside at the faucet you connect your hose to, as high pressure can damage your plumbing in the rig. The cheap 'regulators' don't work well, but an adjustable regulator will keep the pressure to a safe level.

mazboy 09-18-2019 05:43 AM

just take off your pressure reducer outside if on city water.

Theunz 09-18-2019 08:13 AM

Do not remove your pressure regulator, as some campgrounds have water pressure exceeding 100lbs per sq in. Even those with lower pressures can experience surges. However, if you would like to see how your trailer was built, go ahead and take your chances:)

jcurtis934 09-18-2019 12:43 PM

Good answer bob! My brain just took the op text to mean flow restrictions instead of pressure regulator.

Mikendebbie 09-18-2019 12:46 PM

flow restrictor and pressure regulator

2 Attachment(s)
The pic on the top shows someone removing a flow restrictor from a faucet or shower head. I think the guv-munt wants us to save water with these things.

The pic on the bottom is an adjustable pressure regulator for the city hose connection. I have mine set at 58 psi.

Attachment 4676 Attachment 4677

Razrbk 09-18-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohrmann (Post 1160214)
There are no 'pressure reducers' built in to the plumbing of these rigs. There are flow restrictors which makes less water come out of the various fixtures. You should be using a pressure regulator outside at the faucet you connect your hose to, as high pressure can damage your plumbing in the rig. The cheap 'regulators' don't work well, but an adjustable regulator will keep the pressure to a safe level.

Okay. Any info on where the flow restrictors are located would be appreciated.
- Thanks

Mikendebbie 09-18-2019 12:53 PM

flow restrictor

1 Attachment(s)
This pic is fairly representative. Unscrew the aerator body on the faucet to access the guts. The flow restrictor might be plastic or metal with a tiny hole in it - like this pic shows. Take it out and put everything back together.