Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum

Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pet Palace (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Schnauzer First Class (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78200)

Penn Men 06-26-2019 08:53 AM

Schnauzer First Class

1 Attachment(s)
Our pups travel with us often. We love trucks and always get a crew type cab for the back seat so the furry guys have a place to travel in style.

The current truck is a F-350, really big back seat. The sitting half of the back seat folds up and gives a large flat floor for the pups. We were able to find some extra large dog beds in the clearance aisle at Kohlís. These beds cover the area front to back and side to side. We normally put in some throws so the pups can snuggle as they like. Iíve even slept back there with them on the road and man itís comfy!

DQDick 06-26-2019 09:06 AM

Looks like a great setup! Since we have cats, and I don't want them helping me with the controls, we have a Mega Cab and with all that extra space we have an outdoor playpen back there with beds, water, food, and litterbox all in one.

Penn Men 06-26-2019 09:25 AM

Hahaha! Gotta take care of the furry ones. That sounds like a great set up for the kitties.

I am even able to water and feed them on the road. As we reach our destination, we will also jokingly make a “cabin announcement” to please put your seat trays away, seat backs up, and prepare for landing. To date, the schnauzers have never laughed at my bad jokes...hehe.

waynemoore 06-26-2019 09:57 AM

A great place for our best friends.

Mikendebbie 06-26-2019 01:48 PM

dog bed

Does the dog bed go all the way across the back seat? If so where did you find it?

jeffba 06-26-2019 03:15 PM

I guess there is nothing wrong with a well equipped doghouse. Never know when it may be repurposed.:lol: :hide:

Penn Men 06-26-2019 07:28 PM

We have TWO beds, each covers half the area of the F350 backseat. We lucked out, they were in the clearance aisle of Kohl’s.

BuilderBob 06-26-2019 09:44 PM

We do the same thing in the back of are Ram fold up the seat big blanket and a bed she loves it and she can look out windows when she wants.

Penn Men 06-26-2019 09:52 PM

Yes! They can stretch out...which is MOST of the time...or check out the passing scenery. We sometimes have to check they are still there. Like I said, I’ve napped back there while on-the-road and it is roomy, the pups loved it.

GreG L. 07-10-2019 09:30 PM

We use the iBuddy dog car hammock, seats down, attaches to the head rests front and back. Comes with a leash that connects to the seat belt connector in case of an accident or a burger in the front seat. Makes for allot of floor space to carry stuff like a cooler and transfers to the car when home.

jking 07-10-2019 11:11 PM

We do the same in our 4door RAM for our two chihuahuas. Yea, there spoiled kids but Very obedient and Quiet! We don’t let them ride in the front and certainly not in drivers lap, unsafe!

PatnRich 07-11-2019 09:23 AM

Our minis always travel in crates, way safer. If you should be involved in an accident they could easily get out and possibly struck by a vehicle. I have an rv friend that stopped short, dog went crashing into the dash and suffered a severe head injury.