Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum

Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Workamping (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Key Largo, FL (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74544)

awheeler 07-02-2018 10:36 AM

Key Largo, FL

We will be workamping at John Pennenkamp Coral Reef State Park August 1 -October 31. http://pennekamppark.com/ :fishing:

The Florida State Park system is great for workamping with many opportunities.

If anyone is in the Keys during this time be sure to look us up!

jcurtis934 07-02-2018 11:46 AM

Enjoy hurricane season. Check your insurance to see if you have coverage while working in the keys.

awheeler 07-02-2018 11:56 AM

After living in Florida for 20 years we are well versed and prepared for hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, wildfires etc... It will also be Lobster season and we look forward to diving for an eating our fill. We also lived in Joplin, MO during the F-5 tornado, have been through many hurricanes - Florida, Alabama, Texas and South Carolina. I cannot see staying away from somewhere just because of something that "might" happen. Weather is not an exact science and one should never a cancel on a forecast.

jeffba 07-02-2018 12:33 PM

Well with hurricanes you have plenty of warning. Just fill up and hook up and evacuate if needed.

Dam Miller 08-24-2018 05:17 AM

Have gone to the Keys many times but can never get a site in the state park. What is the secret? Reservations must be made almost a year in advance but when I go to the web site never any availability.

Eagleback 08-24-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awheeler (Post 1104748)
After living in Florida for 20 years we are well versed and prepared for hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, wildfires etc... It will also be Lobster season and we look forward to diving for an eating our fill. We also lived in Joplin, MO during the F-5 tornado, have been through many hurricanes - Florida, Alabama, Texas and South Carolina. I cannot see staying away from somewhere just because of something that "might" happen. Weather is not an exact science and one should never a cancel on a forecast.

X2. Fulltimers in Naples.

K0LCB 08-24-2018 08:46 AM

I agree! Worrying just prevents enjoying the moment

awheeler 08-24-2018 10:08 AM

Key Largo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam Miller (Post 1113213)
Have gone to the Keys many times but can never get a site in the state park. What is the secret? Reservations must be made almost a year in advance but when I go to the web site never any availability.

We are Campground Host, so we have a different scenario. I do know that the campground is full every single night. There is so much to do here and the RV parks in the area are soooo expensive John Pennekamp is a steal!

Have you tried calling the park? The Rangers are a wealth of information.

Ann

awheeler 08-24-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awheeler (Post 1113241)
We are Campground Host, so we have a different scenario. I do know that the campground is full every single night. There is so much to do here and the RV parks in the area are soooo expensive John Pennekamp is a steal!

Have you tried calling the park? The Rangers are a wealth of information.

Ann

I just checked the Web site and we have openings next week. When are you planning on coming? How long do you want to stay? It all depends on Many Many factors.

Dam Miller 08-24-2018 06:17 PM

Thank you I will try calling

awheeler 09-10-2018 06:47 PM

This time of year there are normally plenty of sites available. We went on the glass bottom boat today and it was wonderful!

Debbie 07-03-2019 09:35 PM

As i understand there are a few spots available for drop ins but you have to get in line early early in the morning....

awheeler 07-04-2019 10:16 AM

It depends. Call ahead. They will tell you what they have and you can make a reservation.