Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Stevhop
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between Stevhop and daveinaz
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. daveinaz
    05-08-2019 06:09 PM
    daveinaz
    I ordered new rubber caps for the wheel bearings. Pretty cheap off of eBay. I paid $5.25 for a pack of four.

I discovered that the black tank flushing valve is stuck or broken. Got water where it didn't belong. So, if you try using the black tank flush at the convenience center, make sure you have someone inside to watch for water coming out of the sink or out behind the shower, depending on where that anti-siphon valve is located on yours. On ours it's in the wall between the shower and pantry. Next on my list is to remove the valve and just replace it with piping.
  2. Stevhop
    05-08-2019 03:26 PM
    Stevhop
    Dave, I see you have a 2008 Monty, we just bought a 2008 2955rl from the original owner, in great shape, he only took it to church once a week....:-)). He only put about 1000 miles a year on it. However I don’t think he did much maintenance. I pulled the wheels to repack bearings, one side was ok, the other had to replace bearings and races, it looked like he cut a hole in the rubber covers over the bearing zero and water got inside. Anyway..roof is good, except for slide out seals which I replaced everything else seems to be good.
    My question is...is there anything that I should be aware of...any issues I should look out for. Thanks..
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.